Personal Data and Cookies Policy
Date of last update: 30/05/2018
24 Sèvres and/or Groupe Le Bon Marché respect your concerns with regard to the confidentiality of the information you provide us with. By giving us your personal information and data, you consent to let us use, study and possibly disclose such information and data, in particular to customize and optimize you navigation on the Website and to propose offers that are responding to your expectations.
1. General information
When using the Website, you may be required to provide 24 Sèvres with your personal data, especially when registering on the Website, placing an order or subscribing to a newsletter or the loyalty program.
Any information of a personal nature that you may provide to 24 Sèvres in order to use certain services is governed by the provisions of the French Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties act 78-17 of 6 January 1978 amended by the act of 6 August 2004 and to the GDPR.
24 Sèvres may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to companies of our group or to authorised third-parties. If the information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, 24 Sèvres will use agreements validated by the European Commission offering personal data the same protection as that which offered in Europe (in this respect, in particular, for third parties located in the United States, they shall be part to the Privacy Shield or be subject to the standard clauses of the European Commission).
The processing of certain personal information relating to your interactions with our services is considered profiling under the applicable regulation. These processing are conducted in our interest to offer you a shopping experience of high quality and personalized and to send you advertising and exclusive offers that are likely to interest you.
2. Right to access, amend, remove and oppose data processing
You have the right to access, amend and remove any personal data concerning you, as well as the possibility of opposing the processing of such data, at any time. You can thus manage your subscription to the various Newsletters in your personal space on the www.24Sèvres.com website. You can also unsubscribe using the unsubscription link inserted in each communication sent by 24 Sèvres and/or Groupe Le Bon Marché.
Any request concerning the right to access, amend or remove personal data concerning you should be sent to the following dedicated address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You can also send a request concerning the management of your personal data on the Website by post to the following address:
24 Sèvres, 22 Rue Violet, 75015 Paris
In order to respond to your request for access, modification or deletion 24 Sèvres reserves the right to request a proof of identity to ensure the legitimacy of the source of the resquest.
3. Use of personal data by 24 Sèvres and Groupe Le Bon Marché
3.1 Purpose of data collection
Through the Website, 24 Sèvres and/or Groupe Le Bon Marché collect and process personal data required solely for the following purposes: provide you with goods and services related to your order, improve our services, contact you about your orders and provide you with customer service, offer you a personalized experience on the Site, provide you with personalized advertising, detect and prevent fraud attempts.
When collecting data of a personal character, the information required for the above purposes and which is needed to respond to your requests is indicated with an asterisk (mainly civil status, family name, given name, postal code, email address and bank details). If you have not completed the compulsory fields, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
3.2 Data retention
The data is kept for a period that does not exceed the length of time required for the achievement of the goal pursued. We retain your personal data at a minimum for the duration established by law when it is specified. When our legitimate interest requires a different duration of retention of your data, we will consider the sensitivity of the data, the potential risk and security requirements to settle the duration of retention.
When the retention of your data is no longer necessary with regards to the purpose pursued, 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group will proceed to its deletion.
3.3 Recipient of data
All the personal data collected on our Website is intended for 24 Sèvres and/or Groupe Le Bon Marché. 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group may from time to time be required to disclose your information to other entities of LVMH Group for the exclusive purpose of customer relation.
When processing orders, the data must be transferred to other companies on behalf of 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group. In this context and to reduce the risk of loss or damage of data, 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group undertake to minimize the information disclosed to third parties to what is absolutely necessary to achieve the goal pursued.
Whatever the circumstances, 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group will only transfer your data to other companies in the following specific cases:
- 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group are required to transfer your personal data to a third party in relation to requests you have made (payment provider, logistics provider, marketing and advertising service providers for the optimization of your purchasing experience);
- 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group has received your express consent to transfer the data to a third party;
- 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group are summoned by a judicial authority to transfer said data to an administrative or judicial authority.
In this context, 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group require from their service providers to grant the security of your personal data and to comply with the regulation. The service providers of 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group are not entitled to use your personal data to pursue other purposes than those specified by 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group and according to their instructions.
Within the framework of an order made directly with a Retailer that sells its products directly on the Website (order sold and sent by the Retailer), the personal data collected will be transferred to the Retailer in order to fulfill its obligations. In this case, the processing of personal data will be subject to the Retailer’s confidentiality policy.
Likewise, you may subscribe to the Retailer’s Newsletter. The processing of personal data relating to the Retailer’s Newsletters will be subject to the Retailer’s confidentiality policy.
3.4 Data security and confidentiality
24 Sèvres and Groupe Le Bon Marché have done everything necessary to take all useful precautions to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data processed, to prevent such data from being deformed, damaged or destroyed and to prevent any unauthorised third parties from having access to your data. All the security features used are state-of-the-art, particularly with respect to information systems.
Insofar as 24 Sèvres and Groupe Le Bon Marché cannot control all risks associated with Internet operations, the attention of Internet users is drawn to the potential risks inherent to using the Internet and its operation.
4. “Send to a friend” functions and data collected concerning third parties
You have the possibility of entering the details of a third party when making your order (e.g. gift). In this case, the person’s data provided will only be used by 24 Sèvres to process the order.
In this respect, you warrant 24 Sèvres that the third party whose data you have entered has been informed that you have provided us with data concerning them.
5.1 What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that can be stored in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your Terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone) by the web browser you use to consult our Website, according to the choices saved in your browser concerning cookies. The cookie file enables the web server to identify the Terminal on which it is saved during the period of validity or registration of the cookie.
When you browse the Website, data concerning the navigation of your Terminal on our Website may be saved in Cookie files stored on your terminal. These cookies enable 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group to offer you a personalized shopping experience linked to your login device.
You can change the cookie settings at any time. Below you will find more information concerning cookies and how you can manage cookie settings.
5.2 Cookies and similar technologies on the Website
Depending on the choices saved on your browser, navigation on our Website can result in various cookies, web beacons of your IP address, IDFA, geolocalisation via IP address, login and navigation information (referral URL, advertising data, visit statistics, login credentials) being stored on your terminal, so that 24 Sèvres and/or the Le Bon Marché Group can recognise your terminal’s browser throughout the period of retention of this information. 24 Sèvres and the Le Bon Marché Group so collect information on the pages you browse, the links on which you click and other actions as part of your navigation related to their commercial offer.
The cookies and similar technologies we store on your browser can:
- establish statistics and volumes for traffic and use of the various Website components (items and content visited, navigation pathways), so that 24 Sèvres can make its services more pertinent and ergonomic;
- adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your navigation of the Website, according to the display and reading hardware and software used by your terminal;
- insofar as you have provided us with your personal data, particularly your email address during your registration on the website, placing of your Order or when accessing our services, associate this data with your navigation data in order to send you email offers or display personalised advertisements which may be of particular interest to you on your terminal, in the advertising spaces we provide;
- insofar as you have provided personal data concerning you (wishlist, purchase preferences, participation in promotional events), especially your email address, during your registration on the Website or when accessing one of the services provided by 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché, associate this data with navigation information about your terminal in order to send you, for example, 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché email offers and display advertisements based on your interests via our network of selected advertisers;
- store information relating to a form you have filled in on the Website (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have chosen on the Website (service subscribed to, content of a shopping cart, etc.);
- provide access to reserved, personal spaces on the Website such as your account, using the ID or data you have provided on an earlier occasion;
- implement security measures, for example, such as being asked to connect to a content or service again after a lapse of time;
- fight against Internet fraud (prevention of fraud concerning means of payment, stolen ID, etc.). In this respect, 24 Sèvres or its service providers acting on its behalf and in respect of your rights, can store cookies in order to collect information relating to the terminal used to make the Order (especially the operating system used, the location of the terminal, whether or not a proxy is used, etc.). These cookies combined with your Order data are used to validate your Order, the payment method used and the delivery method requested.
You may be able to share information with social networks as part of maintaining an account that is personal to you. These social networking sites may allow us automatic access to information that you have posted, for example, a product or content that you would have liked or content that you clicked on. Access to this information may allow us to customise our offers to your attention based on your preferences.
5.3 Cookies stored due to third party applications on the Website
24 Sèvres can include computer applications from other sources on the Website which are designed to share the content of the Website with other people or to inform them of content you have consulted. This applies to the “Share” or “Like” button on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
The social media providing the application button can then identify you.
List of third party cookies (companies with whom 24 Sèvres have a contractual relationship for the purpose of improving the user experience).
- Bluecore: REmail retargeting. This cookie enables to retarget the visitors who added a product to their basket during navigation with a personalised e-mail.
- Early-Bird: Product recommendation engine. This cookie is used to highlight personalised products recommendations based on the products previously seen by the users or trends of the moment
- Stylight: Analysis. This cookie identifies orders made and items ordered via the Stylight partner site.
- AB tasty: AB testing and customization. This cookie provides anonymized data that allows us to set up tests or we can compare the performance of several versions of the site. It also allows us to customize our site according to user criteria (geographical origin, browser…)
- FullStory: Customer navigation record. This cookie identifies your navigation on the site to detect navigation difficulties and optimize the shopping experience by correcting the difficulties encountered during navigation.
- Google (Google Analytics and Adwords): Analysis. This cookie provides anonymized data that allows us to understand the behavior and marketing preferences of a user on the Site. It also helps to target our ads on Google more relevantly.
5.4 Third party retargeting cookies
24 Sèvres works with some carefully selected partners who may place cookies on your browser for advertising purposes. The purpose is to allow partner sites to display on your device various products based on your interests you have shown by your navigation. These ads may offer you products that you have viewed on our site, or other related products, styles.
List of partners for third party retargeting cookies.
- Criteo: Advertising based on interests and visits. This cookie allows the posting of advertisements on third party websites for products and pages you have viewed on our Site.
- Google Adwords: Analysis. This cookie enables to identify the orders placed following clicks on our ads on the Google search engine.
- Microsoft (Bing): Advertising based on interests and visits. This cookie is used to identify orders placed because of clicks on our ads on the Bing search engine and to target our Bing Ads more relevantly based on search terms and clicks on our ads.
- Google / DoubleClick (DoubleClick Floodlight): Advertisement based on interests and visits. This cookie is used to broadcast relevant ads on third party websites.
- Facebook: Advertisement based on interests and visits. This cookie is used to relevantly target our ads on Facebook by matching Facebook data and our data.
5.5 Your choices regarding cookies
Cookies may be stored on visitors’ computers’ hard drives at the time of their connection to the Website. Cookies are small data text files that are used by websites to simulate a continuous connection to that site and enhance the visitor’s browsing experience, and will be necessary for visitors to complete their purchase session on e-commerce sections of the Website.
Visitors may set their browser to disable cookies by following the procedure as explained below.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to "Tools" then "Options" menu
- Click on the "Privacy" settings
- Select your preferred option on the "Cookie" menu
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Go to "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
- Click on "Confidentiality"
- Select your preferred level of confidentialitySelect your preferred level of confidentiality
- Go to "Files" > "Preferences"
- Click on "Privacy"
For Android browser:
Tap on the upper right button
Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security menu"
Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security menu"
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
- In the Menu, go to "More" then "Settings"
- Select the "Privacy & security settings" menu
- Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
- In the "Settings" app, go to "Safari" menu
- Go to "Accept cookies" entry under "Privacy"
- Select your preferred option
6. Use of data
24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché will not transfer or sell your personal data to any unaffiliated third parties or partners unless 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché has informed you beforehand in messages, agreements or information available on the Website or you have expressly given your consent or are required by law to do so.
If 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché is required by the law or a judge to provide personal data concerning you, 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché shall inform you thereof insofar as possible (unless 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché reasonably believes it is not authorised to do so particularly with regard to any legal or judicial obligations applicable to them).
Given current technology, in particular that generally used for telecommunications networks, 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché cannot guarantee the confidentiality, integrity or authentication of the emails you send or receive from 24 Sèvres and/or Le Bon Marché.