The house of Carven was established in Paris by Marie-Louise Carven in 1945. Cotton gingham and broderie anglaise, would become key elements in one of the world’s first democratic ready-to-wear wardrobes. She retired in 1993, but it wasn’t until 2009 that young French designer Guillaume Henry began to revitalise the image of the house, attracting a new global clientele with his return to Carven’s youthful, Parisian allure.